Saturday, January 14, 2012

2nd Sabbath

Sorry I haven't posted very much. But today, my second Sabbath I had the best spiritual experience so far. It wasn't much but it meant a lot to me. I learned to always look Heavenward. I know that I have a Heavenly Father that loves me and knows me. He has helped me get through so much and I am so grateful to Him. A group of us watched Reflections of Christ which is a great movie and the photographs were so moving. This is where I got my inspiration for this poem. The photo here is Mark Maybry's.

Eyes Cast Heavenward


There, on the cross is where you hung.
The two beside you faced the ground: defeated.
Eyes lost in despair the hope gone.
Lord where were your eyes?

They were skyward, to your Father.
Never faltering but dying on the cross.
On the cross for your brothers, your sisters,
For me, for your family.

You, died triumphant.
You died that man might be.
That we all could be.
Lord you are hope.

Paving the road we all walk.
At the end of the road you will be there waiting.
Waiting to embrace me and say,
"Job well done. Come and live with me forever more."

This road that I struggle to follow is not the one beneath my eyes
But the one that is skyward.
With thee as my focus
My eyes will forever more be cast heavenward.



1 comment:

  1. Hey there! Mark told me I could stalk your blog! I am enjoying your reflections on your Israel experience...what an opportunity you guys are having! Thanks for letting me pop on here...I look forward to following you along the way! :-)

    ReplyDelete